BREAKING THE SILENCE: BIPOLAR DISORDER
This series explores diseases that can be devastating to the individuals and families they affect—yet no one is talking about them. That is, until now. In each edition of Our Health, we bring these medical issues into the light—and dedicate these stories to the courageous patients and families living with them and the providers and researchers who commit their lives to treating and seeking cures for these silent killers.Be the first to comment! Read more...
For such a small thing (about the size of a walnut,) the prostate sure gets a lot of press. The vaguely kidney-bean-shaped gland sits at the base of the male bladder and encircles the urethra, the tube that carries urine and semen out of the body. Read more..
As we age, our brain’s ability to withstand the natural neurological damage that occurs lessens and can make it more difficult to perform seemingly simple mental tasks. Read more..
There was a time when plastic surgery was only for devastated accident survivors and aging movie stars trapped in an increasingly superficial industry. Yet today it is becoming a far more common choice for younger candidates to go under the knife. For the young and famous like Kyle Jenner of Kardashian family fame, cosmetic surgery is an expensive but expected rite of passage. Read more..
Every October, the nation’s medical community sets time aside to recognize the contributions of physical therapists, the people who work to return us to normal physical activity after we injure ourselves or after we suffer a debilitating illness such as a stroke. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- 2017 SEED Grants Totaling $107,000 Awarded to Five East End Businesses
- Thoracic surgeon is first to perform 100 Robot-Assisted Lobectomies in Central Virginia
- FIGHTING FALL ALLERGIES AND MORE
- Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, ESPN 950 to Hold Prostate Screening Event and Educational Seminars
- The leading cause of fatal injury in older adults can be prevented
- LaDIFF “Thinks Pink Bink” for Breast Cancer Awareness