The Sweetest Smiles
In recognition of National Cleft & Craniofacial Awareness & Prevention Month (July), OurHealth Magazine brings to you the story of one local family impacted by the life changing diagnosis not once, but twice. Learning that your child has a cleft (lip and/or palate) is a diagnosis no parent-to-be wants to hear, but for Ed and Heidi Stello of King George County, Virginia, it’s a diagnosis they’ve faced not once, but twice with their own children and multiple times with close family members. The Stello’s have two children, both of whom were born with clefts. The diagnoses for six-year-old Charlie…Be the first to comment!
It’s natural to indulge a bit during the holiday season – the trick is not to let it ‘snowball’ out of control and into the New Year. Just a few simple tips can have you ringing in 2017 happy and healthy! Read more..
As you travel along life’s journey, it can be fun to step back and take a look at how far you’ve come. That holds true in the journey toward better health as well. Read more..
8-year-old Chloe Waller of Richmond had suffered from sinus problems since birth – but thanks to an outpatient surgery procedure, her chronic condition is finally cured. You think it’s probably a cold. Read more..
Technology, social media, and abundant information make having a healthy pregnancy and preparing a mother’s body for the rigorous road ahead seem easier. However, a lingering concern for some women is whether or not they will develop gestational diabetes. Read more..
Whether you are a man or woman, an adult or a child, old or young, you have probably been touched by breast cancer. It may be your mother, aunt, sister or friend who has suffered, or perhaps you have been personally affected. Among the more than 3 million women in the U.S. who have breast cancer, many serve as inspirations to us all. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital Achieves the Healthgrades 2017 Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ and the 2017 Joint Replacement Excellence Award™
- VCU Gerontology Program Receives Academic Accreditation from the National Association of Long Term Care
- John Randolph Medical Center to Break Ground on New Free Standing Emergency Center
- Cutting-edge Simulation Prepares Future Paramedics and EMTs for Real-world Challenges
- HCA Virginia Hospitals Recognized for Outstanding Record in Patient Safety
- Retreat Doctors’ Hospital and West Creek Emergency Center to Offer Free Walk-In Flu Shots