Growing Emotionally Healthy Children
What more could a parent ask for than a happy, well-adjusted child? Today, health and family magazines abound with valuable information on children’s mental health issues — from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorder to bipolar disorder and youth suicide. But let’s approach the subject from a different perspective. We will explore tips and techniques to help parents, grandparents and educators nurture the development of emotionally healthy and resilient children.Be the first to comment! Read more...
The American Cancer Society is on a mission to educate people about preventing cancer in the first place — while also encouraging screenings that catch cancer in its infancy, when least dangerous. Read more..
For such a small thing (about the size of a walnut,) the prostate sure gets a lot of press. The vaguely kidney-bean-shaped gland sits at the base of the male bladder and encircles the urethra, the tube that carries urine and semen out of the body. Read more..
As we age, our brain’s ability to withstand the natural neurological damage that occurs lessens and can make it more difficult to perform seemingly simple mental tasks. Read more..
There was a time when plastic surgery was only for devastated accident survivors and aging movie stars trapped in an increasingly superficial industry. Yet today it is becoming a far more common choice for younger candidates to go under the knife. For the young and famous like Kyle Jenner of Kardashian family fame, cosmetic surgery is an expensive but expected rite of passage. Read more..
Every October, the nation’s medical community sets time aside to recognize the contributions of physical therapists, the people who work to return us to normal physical activity after we injure ourselves or after we suffer a debilitating illness such as a stroke. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- 8 Tips to Stay Sober During the Holidays - Calyx Recovery
- Three Bon Secours Richmond Hospitals Earn "A" in Patient Safety by Hospital Safety Grade
- Retreat Doctors’ Hospital offers innovative treatment option for prostate disease
- Neuroscience Center of Excellence to Be Built in Front of Johnston-Willis Hospital
- Chippenham Hospital Receives Verification as Level II Trauma Center
- Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center Enhances Clinical Leadership with New Chief Medical Officer