Breaking the Silence: Depression
Erik's Story As a kid, trying to find solace in life was difficult. I was an intelligent but rather uncoordinated individual, not unlike a young Sheldon Cooper. I was into art, building with LEGO® bricks and playing computer games. Unfortunately, this was before "nerd-culture" became chic. Being bullied in school was a way of life, an everyday occurrence.Be the first to comment! Read more...
Medical expertise and quality compassionate care should always go hand-in-hand when it comes to senior care. The 2016 Senior Living Awards, presented by OurHealth Richmond magazine and CBS 6, gives the opportunity for the community to recognize local senior health communities, services and providers for their exceptional service and care to seniors. Read more..
Caring for people is a never-ending commitment. Illness and accidents never take a day off, they don’t recognize national holidays or weekends, they occur around the clock, and they affect everyone at some time or another. Read more..
Breaking the Silence, an OurHealth special feature, explores medical and social issues that can be devastating to the individuals and families they affect. In each feature, we address topics no one wants to talk about. That is, until now. Read more..
Virginia Women’s Center and Radiology Associates of Fredericksburg offer breast cancer screening and diagnostic services under one roof to give patients access to cutting-edge technology. Read more..
In 2016, our New Kitchen, New Nutrition, New You series puts the focus on helping you get healthier in the kitchen — one ingredient at a time. Each edition of OurHealth will highlight small changes you can make in your food prep and shopping habits that can add up to a major positive impact on your nutrition and health. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Two Clinical Trials Test Novel Combination Therapies for Brain and Central Nervous System Cancers
- Clinical Trial Tests Promising Immunotherapies for Advanced Lung Cancer
- John Randolph Medical Center Receives Quality Achievement Awards from American Heart Association for Stroke, Heart Failure Care
- Widows, Widowers Are Happier in the Face of Adversity Than Others, VCU Study Suggests
- VCU, Swedish Study Finds Marriage Protects Against Risk For Developing Alcohol Use Disorders
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital Designated an Aetna Institute of Quality® Bariatric Surgery Facility